I don’t think it gets much easier than a simple recipe that yields delicious and soft flourless peanut butter cookies! Especially when it requires so few ingredients. Less is always better when it comes to baking, in my opinion. One bowl? Yes, please!
I love using my peanut butter recipe in these cookies. Simple enough when it’s always on hand. These are cookies you can feel good about giving to your kids or sneaking a few extras for yourself! Simple. Real. Whole. Ingredients.
Because of the homemade peanut butter, these cookies tend to be a bit softer than what you’re probably used to.
You can get a little creative here using this recipe as the base. I add in chocolate chips frequently, as I did in this picture. Cranberries, raisins, chopped up dried apples are good combinations, too. So, stay tuned for those recipes!
If you’re looking for a quick snack and don’t want to turn to the store bought stuff or need to navigate a simpler ingredient list due to food sensitivities, this recipe is for you!
These make a great snack for those with food sensitivities and are looking for a flourless peanut butter cookie option because of a reaction to wheat, or a full out allergy. Wheat is one of the top 8 allergens currently recognized in the US. Wheat allergy is most common in children with two-thirds outgrowing it by age 12. But, that still leaves one-third WITH the allergy.
To prevent a reaction, it is so important to read labels and be prepared with an epi-pen. And, don’t be afraid to ask questions. It can literally be a matter of life and death for some people.
There is an extensive list of things that wheat can be found in. To read more about wheat allergy, and all allergies check out foodallergy.org here.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (check out my homemade peanut butter recipe linked below)
- 3/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup peanut butter, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 3/4 cup coconut brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips if so desired, or other add-ins (dried apples, cranberries, raisins, etc)
- Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place on the middle rack in oven and bake 8 minutes or until cooked.
- Carefully remove from oven and place on baking sheet.
- Let cool completely for best results.