Who has time for breakfast? If you have a blender, this Smoothie Bowl with Blueberry Banana and Cashew will be your new go to breakfast recipe. Quick, simple and delicious. If you’re working through food sensitivities this can help mix things up a bit.
Smoothie or smoothie bowl, you choose.
My goal is always to have versatility and options in these recipes so they’re easy to follow. Just a few ingredients, because who has time for complicated? Not me!
If you’re looking to start your day with a more mindful eating approach, this smoothie bowl with blueberry, banana and cashew recipe is a great place to start. And, it’s a nutritional power house with all the benefits of protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
I don’t think it gets much easier than putting a few ingredients in a blender, pushing a button and having your breakfast ready for you. Sure beats pancakes, in my opinion. And, I love pancakes!
Let’s talk about nutrition. Blueberries are amazing for their antioxidants. Some consider them a superfood. 4g fiber in a cup, and an excellent source of Vitamin K and manganese. Manganese is a trace mineral that flies under the radar, it’s not talked about too much. But, manganese is important. It helps with the metabolism of nutrients and your brain/nervous system need it.
Bananas. Potassium comes to mind, right? But, they’re also good for manganese as well as Vitamin B6 and fiber.
Cashews are great for plant based protein. They also are good for your eyes. Carrots typically take that spot, but did you know they have the same antioxidants? Lutein and zeaxanthin protect the eyes too against blindness.
Getting back to the amazing recipe… Can you use cinnamon? Your call. Can you add honey? Up to you! Versatility and flexibility are my favorite things about these recipes. Enjoy!
Blueberry Banana Cashew Smoothie Bowl
- 1/4 Cup Cashews (Dry Roasted and Unsalted)
- 1 Medium Sized Banana (Frozen)
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 2 Ounces Dairy Free Milk
- Break apart 1 frozen banana into 3-4 pieces for easier blending. Place into blender.
- Add 1/4 cup cashews.
- Add 1/4 cup blueberries
- Add 2 ounces dairy free milk.
- Blend. Depending on the blender, you may need to stop blending and push down the sides before continuing to get to your desired smoothie consistency.
- If it’s too thick, add in one additional ounce of dairy free milk at a time.
- 2-4 ounces dairy free milk will make a nice smoothie bowl. Increasing to 6 ounces of dairy free milk will be more smoothie friendly.